Vicki Anton-Athens, D.P.M
Dr. Athens sums up her philosophy of patient treatment in two major points:
1. Treat my patients as if they were a family member. The question I ask is: Would I do this to my mother, father, brother?
2. Treat conservatively first and educate the patient about their problem so that they understand and are involved in their treatment.
Dr. Vicki Anton-Athens is Board Certified by the American Board of Podiatric Surgery and the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons. She attended Lake Forest College and received her undergraduate BA degree in Biology and Psychology. She graduated in 1982 from Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine in Chicago (now part of Fitch University). She completed a Surgical Preceptorship under Dr. Donald L. Ketai and attended lectures and surgeries at Dearborn Medical and Strait Hospitals.
Dr. Athens is a member of the American Association of Women Podiatrists, American Podiatric Medical Association and Michigan Podiatric Medical Association..
In addition, Dr. Vicki Athens is involved with the Podiatric Residency Program at Oakwood South Shore Hospital and Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital. She is a Clinical Assistant Professor in the Department of Surgical Specialties, Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine. She is a frequent lecturer for Diabetes Foot Care.
Glenbrook North High School, Northbrook, IL
Loyola University, Chicago, IL
Lake Forest College
- B.A. Biology and Psychology
- Honors: Beta Beta Beta Biology, Honor Society
University of Chicago-Wylers Children's Hospital
- Dept. of Pediatrics Neurology
- Research Assistant to Dr. Ruthmary Duel and Dr. John Cheronis on "The Sensory Neglect Syndrome".
Illinois College of Podiatric Medicine
(Dr. Wm. M. Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine)
- Member, Class Representative, Student Chapter of American College of Foot Surgeons
- Member of Executive Committee, Sports Medicine Club
- President, Student Organization of Podopediatrics
- Preceptor - Dr. Donald L. Ketai, D.P.M.
- Lincoln Park, MI
- Athens Podiatry Group
- 19723 Allen Road, Brownstown, MI
American Podiatric Medical Association, June 1993 - Present
American College of Foot Surgeons, June 1983 - Present
American Association of Women Podiatrists, 1983 - Present
Michigan Podiatric Medical Association, June 1983 - Present
American Board of Podiatric Surgery, Diplomate, December 1993
"The Terminal Syme Procedure," The Journal of Foot Surgery, Volume 20, Number 2, 1981.
"Use of Cortisporin Otic Solution in Phenol Nail Surgery," Journal of the American Podiatry Association, January 1984.
Outer Drive Hospital, Lincoln Park, MI 1983 - 1986
Dearborn Medical Hospital, Dearborn, MI 1983 - 1985
Riverside Osteopathic Hospital, Trenton, MI 1984 - 2002
Chairman, Division of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery, 1994 - 2002
- Member, Podiatric Residency Committee, 1997 - 2002
- Instructor, Surgical Anatomy Course, 1999 - 2002
Oakwood South Shore Hospital Trenton, MI 1990 - Present
Oakwood Downriver Hospital, 1990 - 1997
Member, Resident Selection Committee, 1993 - 1996
Instructor, Surgical Anatomy Course, 1994 - 2000
Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital, 1999 - Present
Fanconi Anemia Research Fund, Inc.
Original Founder of Family Scientific Meeting, 1990.
Member, Board of Directors, 1997-2003
Instructor, Surgical Anatomy Course
- Oakwood and Riverside Osteopathic Hospital, 1994 - 2002
- Department of Surgical Specialties, Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine, June 2000 - present.
Liljana Licovski, D.P.M.
Dr. Licovski attended the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor from 1986 to 1990 with a B.S. degree in Biological Anthrogeology/Zoology. Performed research one year at Wayne State University. Afterwards, attended Barry University School of Podiatric Medicine in Miami, Florida 1991-1995. Earned both M.S. in Biological Science and DPM degree. Residency training consisted of 1 year Rotating Podiatric Residency at Miami Heart Institute (1995-1996) followed by 1 year Podiatric Orthopedic Residency 1996-1997 at Cedar Medical Center in Miami, FL.
She is a Diplomate of the American Board of Podiatric Orthopedics and Primary Podiatric Medicine.
Laal Zada, D.P.M.
bio coming soon...